uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Refreshing external resources periodically
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2017 17:56:56 GMT
Hi Debbie,

I think this depends on what kind of external resource you have.  Are you able
to see what Java class is implementing the external resource?  For instance, I'm
guessing you must at some point in your code have some code that says something
like:

myResource.myMethodToGetDataFromIt(...).

If you have that, you can see if the class implementing myResource has a method
you could call to reload itself.  If it does, then you could build a little
timer application that went off once a day, and called that api, perhaps with
some synchronization...

Does this help, or have I misunderstood things? -Marshall

On 4/28/2017 4:13 AM, Debbie Zhang wrote:
> Hi UIMA users,
>
> I have a question regarding accessing external resources. If my external resource file
is the output of a database table, the data are updated daily. Can I read the resource file
daily as well and update my annotations accordingly? I deploy my pear to elsewhere. At the
moment, resource files are included in the pear file so no refresh can be done. Any suggestion
is very welcome. Thank you.