uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: appropriate content for mailing list?
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:49:40 GMT
Dear David,

so far, we typically don't have job posts here, but feel free to post
one. It is great that UIMA is a useful project and companies looking for
people with UIMA skills are an indicator of this.

As a general note on job posts: as long as nobody complains and as
long as this does not become a major topic on the lists, feel free
to post them here. However, please do make explicit that people must
*NOT* reply to this list regarding the job post. Set an appropriate
"reply-to" header and make this explicit in the mail too. We wouldn't
want to see people discussing their salary here.

Should job posts become a major topic, we may consider setting up
a separate mailing list or otherwise moderating such posts.

You might also consider tweeting about your job announcement and
including "@ApacheUIMA" in the tweet. We might like/retweet these.

Please do not include these IP/confidentiality footers in mails that
go to public mailing lists. When you post to a public list, the intended
recipient is obviously the general public and such a statement is
redundant/useless.

Thanks!

-- Richard on behalf of the UIMA developers

> On 07.04.2017, at 15:58, Fox, David <david.fox@optum.com> wrote:
>
> My company may soon be looking for a developer with experience with UIMA.
>

>  1.  Are job listing posts allowed/appropriate for this mailing list?
>  2.  Are there other places we could post a link to the job (either instead of or in
addition to posting here, depending on the answer to the question 1)?