uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving annotator back from analysis engine
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 21:26:30 GMT
Hi James,

Although you might be able to find some chain of references to eventually get
what you want, it would end up being very brittle, subject to change from
release to release without warning etc.

A more general approach, that's immune to these would be to just create a user
map in your application code which is calling produceAnalysisEngine, so at the
next line it adds to this map a key (which is the analysis engine) and a value
(which is the resourceSpecifier used to create the Analysis Engine) (which in
your special case, is also the subclass of MyAnnotator, as I understand it).

Then whenever you need to go from the Analysis Engine to the MyAnnotator
instance, you just look it up in this map.

-Marshall