uima-user mailing list archives

From "Kameron Cole" <kameronc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject tyring to build a Java prolog call-out into UIMA pipeline
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 14:49:34 GMT
Hello,

I have been meaning to get around to this for a long time - I want to make
call-outs from within UIMA processing to Prolog, ported to Java.  I have
found a couple of potential projects:

https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuprologjava/

http://www.swi-prolog.org/packages/jpl/java_api/

Basically, I would love to find someone who has already done this, and can
just tell me how they did it.

The main issues concern the Prolog distros - the Java API you choose is
tightly coupled to the Prolog distro you use.  So, I can download SWI
Prolog, and use the JPL, on my laptop.  But what happens when I want to
run the code somewhere else?  Also, JPL uses Java JNI, which compromises
performance - if you are already doing UIMA processing on millions of
documents, and then you throw in a logic engine - Prolog, to boot! - and
then add JNI...wow.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.  Thank you