uima-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Ferschke <oliver.fersc...@mmodal.com>
Subject RE: Starter Kit
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:04:22 GMT
Hi,
The getting started guide Chad mentioned is pretty good for vanilla UIMA.
If you would like to avoid all the xml descriptors and rather do things programmatically with
UIMA+uimafit, you could look into the uimafit documentation right away.
It also has a brief getting started guide.
https://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-current/tools.uimafit.book.html#ugr.tools.uimafit.gettingstarted

And then there's also DKPro - an ecosystem of NLP components and resources built on top of
UIMA + uimafit - which has great documentation and tutorials:
https://dkpro.github.io/dkpro-core/

Have fun,
Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: Reinhard Erich Voglmaier [mailto:reinhard.e.voglmaier@gsk.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:44 AM
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Starter Kit

Dear All,

since a while I am listening at the user group and trying to start use of UIMA.

What do you me suggest to get up to speed with UIMA. There is a lot of documentation to read,
but what do you suggest me to do to start small projects with UIMA ?

>From installation of a Linux Box to first tests, is there any example, kind of "UIMA for
idiots"

Thank you very much

Reinhard

GSK monitors email communications sent to and from GSK in order to protect GSK, our employees,
customers, suppliers and business partners, from cyber threats and loss of GSK Information.
GSK monitoring is conducted with appropriate confidentiality controls and in accordance with
local laws and after appropriate consultation.