uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reordering Analysis Engines
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:00:14 GMT
I don't think that CPE supports flow controllers. I would recommend you first try this with
SimplePipeline.

The CpeBuilder / CpePipeline takes an aggregate and disassembles it into its components and
then passes each component separately to the CPE. At this point, the FlowController is lost.
You *could* wrap your flow-controlled aggregate into yet another aggregate and pass that to
the CPE, but then the CPE would try to scale it out en-block.

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 27.02.2017, at 14:46, james.d.baker@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I realised after sending this that actually I could do what I want with a FlowController.
However, I’ve been struggling to get a FlowController up and running as part of my pipeline.
I’ve created a simple project which should run the annotators in reverse order… but it’s
still running them in the listed order and in fact isn’t even initialising the FlowController.
There are very few examples of using a FlowController with UimaFIT online, so is there anyone
who could cast an eye over what I’ve done and help me find the issue?

> https://github.com/jamesdbaker/uima-ordering
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
>> On 27 Feb 2017, at 11:48, james.d.baker@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to reorder the analysis engines in a CPE once it is created?
>>
>> I have a CPE consisting of a large number of analysis engines, and I'd like to automatically
optimise the order. However, some of the parameters needed to perform the optimisation are
only calculated once the analysis engines are initialised. So I will need to initialise the
CPE and then reorder the analysis engines. Is this possible?