uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to setup custom feature index with uimaFIT
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 18:50:58 GMT
On 04.01.2017, at 19:34, Mario Juric <mj@unsilo.com> wrote:

> I am playing with the use of some custom feature index in UIMA, but I wonder if someone
could point me to some documentation or examples on how to work with this programmatically.
We use uimaFIT to programmatically setup our pipelines, but the custom index needs to be defined
in the XML descriptor metadata, and I like to know how I can include this with uimaFIT.

uimaFIT has a FsIndexFactory and a TypePrioritiesFactory that provide similar functionality
as the TypeSystemDescriptionFactory including scanning the classpath automatically for
index and priorities declarations.

The process to make indexes and priorities auto-detectable is the same as for type systems
[1].
Just the files are called differently:

  - type systems:      META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit/types.txt
  - type priorities:   META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit/typepriorities.txt
  - index definitions: META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit/fsindexes.txt

Cheers,

-- Richard

[1] https://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-current/tools.uimafit.book.html#ugr.tools.uimafit.typesystem