uima-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Sean P." <Murphy.S...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Annotation Index not recognized with Linux
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:39:40 GMT
Hello again.  I'm sorry if I'm being a bit persistent.  I just see this falling out of view
once the weekend arrives.  Let know if there is some additional information I can provide
that may offer additional insights or if there is another forum with which I should be addressing
this question.
                Thanks,
                                ~Sean

From: Murphy, Sean P. [RO IS]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:22 AM
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Annotation Index not recognized with Linux

Hello,
I am seeing some behavior that appears to be specific to our Jenkins build environment where
the base annotation (uima.tcas.Annotation) is not being sorted correctly.   The expected behavior,
where tokens are sorted in an ascending order based on the begin token integer, is occurring
on any other platform (iOS or Windows).    I attempted to circumvent this behavior by utilizing
the Indexes Page to add an additional index which uses OHNLP's  ConceptMention as 'kind' 'sorted'
and features similar to the built in index provided, but that did not have the intended result
either.
                To establish if the added index had any effect I went on to use reverse sort
direction on the ConceptMention annotation, but it didn't appear to take effect in any environment
which leads me to believe I'm not utilizing it correctly.    I'm wondering if the additional
index needs to be made on a primitive aggregate rather than at the AE level as I'm attempting.
   It is not clear by the documentation whether the getAnnotationIndex() method has access
to the sorted index of if another method (such as FSIndexRepository) would be necessary to
produce the iterator which honors the indexing.  I've tried both with no apparent effect.
                So I guess I'm asking two different questions:

1)      Are there issues with Linux utilizing the built in index annotation?

2)      How does one go about implementing the indexes pages to provide a custom handling
of sorting indexes?
Thanks,
                        ~Sean