uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Error after updating to UIMA Ruta 2.5
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:41:55 GMT
Hi,

Am 11.11.2016 um 13:04 schrieb Ingo Glaser:
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot resolve imports in _APP_TypeSystem
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaEnvironment.importPackageFromTypeSystem(RutaEnvironment.java:594)
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.parser.RutaParser.importPackage(RutaParser.java:548)
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.parser.RutaParser.importStatement(RutaParser.java:2565)
> 	... 45 more
> Caused by: org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: An import could not be resolved.
 No file with name "_APP_TypeSystem.xml" was found in the class path or data path. (Descriptor:
<unknown>)
> 	at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.Import_impl.findAbsoluteUrl(Import_impl.java:122)
> 	at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:230)
> 	at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:210)
> 	at org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaEnvironment.importPackageFromTypeSystem(RutaEnvironment.java:592)
> 	... 47 more

The uimaFIT factory used in
RutaEnvironment.importPackageFromTypeSystem() wraps the typesystem and
creates the import with name which causes the resolve() to fail.

I assume that the folder /app/informationExtraction/appTypes/ is not
part of the classpath of your project?

I am still investigating the problem and I am a bit puzzled how this
worked in UIMA Ruta 2.3.0 if you did not use the datapath or the classpath.

During runtime, a bug in UIMA Ruta 2.5.0 could cause problems, but the
exception already occurs when when parsing the script for creating the
descriptor.

Can you debug the value of the datapath of the resource manager that is
used in the resolve method in
RutaEnvironment.importPackageFromTypeSystem() method?

You could probably solve the problem simply by including the type system
in the classpath, but it should also work without that.

Best,

Peter