uima-user mailing list archives

From Ingo Glaser <fr...@web.de>
Subject Re: Error after updating to UIMA Ruta 2.5
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:54:45 GMT
Hey Peter,

thank you so much for your quick response!

In fact I’m developing a Java Play Application and thus I’m using the plugin via sbt.
So within my build.sbt I’m using the following dependency:

“org.apache.uima” % “ruta-core” % “2.5.0”

Do you have some advice for me based on this setup?

Best,
Ingo

> On 10 Nov 2016, at 16:33, Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> this should work just like in 2.3.0. However, there are some changes
> (and a bug concerning the datapath).
>
> I assume that you use the ruta-maven-plugin to create the descriptors?
> Did you use import-by-location before? I think the default changed to
> import-by-name.
>
> <importByName>true</importByName>
>
> You can switch the import back to import-by-location in the plugin
> configuration (set it to false), but I rather recommend to use
> import-by-name in maven built projects.
> In order to do this, you best place the type system descriptor in the
> classpath. If you do not want to refer to the type system with package,
> place it directly in the classpath root, e.g., in src/main/resources.
>
> In case of a DKPro Core type system, add the artifact as a dependency if
> not done yet and change your import to:
>
> IMPORT PACKAGE de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.lexmorph.type.pos FROM
> desc.type.POS AS pos;
>
> Then, you do not need to copy anything since the typesystem is directly
> loaded from the dependency (the jar in the m2 repo).
>
> btw, there is an up-to-date example project for the integration of DKPro
> Core in Ruta scripts:
> https://github.com/pkluegl/ruta/tree/master/ruta-german-novel-with-dkpro
>
> In case this did not solve your problem: How did you import the
> typesystem before?
> - Is the type system located in the root of the classpath?
> - Did you specify descriptorPaths in the configuration parameters?
> - Have you set the datapath?
>
> Best,
>
> Peter
>

> Am 10.11.2016 um 15:57 schrieb Ingo Glaser:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I recently updated from Apache UIMA Ruta version 2.3.0 to 2.5.0. However, after the
upgrade, my application does not run anymore, due to some error in the ruta scripts. I get
the following error:

>> Caused by: org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: An import could not be resolved.
 No file with name "_APP_TypeSystem.xml" was found in the class path or data path. (Descriptor:
<unknown>)
>> at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.Import_impl.findAbsoluteUrl(Import_impl.java:115)
>> at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:228)
>> at org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.TypeSystemDescription_impl.resolveImports(TypeSystemDescription_impl.java:208)
>> at org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaEnvironment.importPackageFromTypeSystem(RutaEnvironment.java:592)
>> ... 67 more
>> I assume that's because of the import within my ruta script. Do you have any idea,
if and how the way we import something in a script has changed from version 2.3 to 2.5?

>> I do import like this:
>>
>> IMPORT PACKAGE de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.lexmorph.type.pos FROM _APP_TypeSystem
AS pos;