uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broken conections after ACTIVEMQ restart
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:33:07 GMT
Nelson, in my scenario I do have a Cas Multiplier which produces a child
CAS for each input CAS. For the purpose of this
test its not important how many internal delegates there are in a pipeline.
The service is configured as a Cas Multiplier
and it does send child CASes when a broker is running.

The problem is that once the input CAS is received, its reply queue is
bound to a specific temp reply queue. When a broker is
bounced, that queue is not valid anymore and cant be used to return child
CASes nor the input CAS. To guard against such
cases you need to use timeouts on the client side.

Like I said in my previous email I dont get how an input CAS can be
returned back to the client after a broker bounce. This should
not happen since its temp queue does not exist in a new broker.

I am still looking at this scenario as I don't like what I see in the
service log. I think there might be a bug in the UIMA-AS but I am
still investigating. Bug or not, what I described above is how UIMA-AS
works. You should not expect any replies from a service
working on a CAS that was sent through a broker that is bounced before a
reply.

-jerry

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 3:18 PM, nelson rivera <nelsonrivera12@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> > org.apache.activemq.DestinationDoesNotExistException: The destination
> > temp-queue://ID:bluejws65-53920-1474997439574-8:1:1 does not exist.
> >
> > The service failed to send a reply.Nothing is delivered to a client as
> > expected. This is the confusing part since you see a parent CAS being
> sent
> > to a client. I just cant imagine how this is possible.
> >
> > When a service receives an input CAS in a message, it extracts a JMS
> > replyTo object which is a JMS temp queue and stores in an internal cache
> > until it is time to send a reply. Temp queues are transient and unique
> each
> > time one is created.
> >
> > If the broker dies and subsequently restarts, the cached replyTo queue
> > object is invalid (temp queue no longer exist) which leads to
> > "Async error occurred:
> > org.apache.activemq.DestinationDoesNotExistException" as shows above.
> >
> > In the service log I see a bunch of these exceptions:
> >
> > 02:05:46.574 - 56:
> > org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.
> openChannel:
> > WARNING: Service: Test Aggregate TAE Unable to Open Connection To Broker:
> > tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0 - Silently
> > Retrying ...
> > 02:05:46.574 - 56:
> > org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.
> openChannel:
> > WARNING:
> > javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL:
> > tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason:
> > java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
> >
> > This is *after* the service is restarted so there seems to be a problem
> > with reestablishing the connection to a new broker.
> > I am still investigating that part. I just am confused how you are able
> > see a reply in the client.
> >
> > -Jerry
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uimaee@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From what I understand there are two issues:
> >>
> >> 1) Why service JMS listeners are not reconnecting when a broker is
> >> bounced. This
> >>     should be done by default. The 2.9.0 snapshot may address this since
> >> listener
> >>     uses newer AMQ jars (5.14.0)
> >>
> >> 2) What happens to a child CAS when a Broker disappears and the service
> >> wants
> >>     to deliver it to a client that is not reachable. I need to
> >> investigate
> >> this part. I think
> >>     such CAS is dropped but that should be reflected in a log and also
> >> the
> >> input CAS
> >>     should be marked as failed. Again something for me to investigate.
> >>
> >> I will try to set up a test to see if I can create the scenario.It will
> >> take me a bit of time
> >> to set this up but I will let you know what happens.

Managed

> quiesce

CAS

CAS