uima-user mailing list archives

From Chen Xiaobin <chxiao...@gmail.com>
Subject initiating CpeComponentDescriptor from String or InputStream
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 15:15:34 GMT
Hi,
I am wondering if there is a way to initiate a CpeComponentDescriptor from
an InputStream or a String, instead of from a physical descriptor file.
I am using the following code originally:

    CpeCasProcessor casProcessor = CpeDescriptorFactory.
produceCasProcessor(ae.getName());
    CpeComponentDescriptor componentDescriptor = CpeDescriptorFactory.
produceComponentDescriptor("path/to/aeDescriptor.xml");
    casProcessor.setCpeComponentDescriptor(componentDescriptor);
    cpeDescription.addCasProcessor(casProcessor);

But now in my application, all AE descriptors are stored in a database as
Strings. I need to construct a CPE and add some AEs to the CPE.

Is there a way to substitute the second line of the above code to something
like:
     CpeComponentDescriptor componentDescriptor =
CpeDescriptorFactory.produceComponentDescriptor(**descriptorFromAnInputStream
or String**);
The UIMA API does not provide such a method in the CpeDescriptorFactor.

Thank you!

Xiaobin
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
LEAD Graduate School
Doctoral Candidate
Gartenstraße 29A · 72074 Tübingen · Germany
Phone +49 1765 7634 683