uima-user mailing list archives

From nelson rivera <nelsonriver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broken conections after ACTIVEMQ restart
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:01:39 GMT
Thank you for describe  how UIMA-AS works, it is very helpful. But my
scenario is not restart the broker while the uima-as service works on
input CAS

my scenario is
1- Start Broker and UIMA-AS aggregate service

2- Complete Restart of the Broker  (without restart the service).
UIMA-AS log show the lines that previously i said you:
"Jms Listener Failed." ....
"The Session is closed." ...
"The Consumer is closed." ...

I do not see in my uima-as log the lines that you say in your test
after broker is bounced:
Listeners reconnect:
 INFO | Successfully refreshed JMS Connection
 INFO | Successfully refreshed JMS Connection
In my case (uima-as 2.8.1) seems to be a problem with reestablishing
the connection to the broker after restart.

4- Then in this point, after the broker was restarted completely,
uima-as client sends a CAS to UIMA-AS aggregate service. And for this
petition UIMA-AS client receive the parent CAS, but not child CAS.

In this moment i will trys with uima-as-2.9.0 snapshot

> [...]
>> behaves

>> > I was able to stage this scenario in which an aggregate service cas
>> > multiplier receives a single input CAS and
>> > produces a child CAS.
>> >
>> > Scenario:
>> > 1) Service receives input CAS
>> > 2) CasMultiplier generates a child CAS
>> > 3) AE.process() is called (child CAS) and it sleeps for awhile
>> > 4) Broker is shutdown
>> > 5) AE.process() awakes from sleep
>> > 6) Uima-AS tries to deliver child CAS to a remote client
>> > 7) Connection is invalid so the child CAS is dropped
>> > 8) Broker is restarted
>> > 9) Listeners reconnect:
>> >  INFO | Successfully refreshed JMS Connection
>> >  INFO | Successfully refreshed JMS Connection
>> > 10) Broker log shows:
>> > WARN  Service                        - Async error occurred:
>> > org.apache.activemq.DestinationDoesNotExistException: The destination
>> > temp-queue://ID:bluejws65-53920-1474997439574-8:1:1 does not exist.
>> > WARN  Service                        - Async error occurred:
>> > org.apache.activemq.DestinationDoesNotExistException: The destination
>> > temp-queue://ID:bluejws65-53920-1474997439574-8:1:1 does not exist.
>> >
>> > The service failed to send a reply.Nothing is delivered to a client as
>> > expected. This is the confusing part since you see a parent CAS being
>> sent
>> > to a client. I just cant imagine how this is possible.
>> >
>> > When a service receives an input CAS in a message, it extracts a JMS
>> > replyTo object which is a JMS temp queue and stores in an internal
>> > cache
>> > until it is time to send a reply. Temp queues are transient and unique
>> each
>> > time one is created.
>> >
>> > If the broker dies and subsequently restarts, the cached replyTo queue
>> > object is invalid (temp queue no longer exist) which leads to
>> > "Async error occurred:
>> > org.apache.activemq.DestinationDoesNotExistException" as shows above.
>> >
>> > In the service log I see a bunch of these exceptions:
>> >
>> > 02:05:46.574 - 56:
>> > org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.
>> openChannel:
>> > WARNING: Service: Test Aggregate TAE Unable to Open Connection To
>> > Broker:
>> > tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0 - Silently
>> > Retrying ...
>> > 02:05:46.574 - 56:
>> > org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.
>> openChannel:
>> > WARNING:
>> > javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL:
>> > tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0. Reason:
>> > java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> >
>> > This is *after* the service is restarted so there seems to be a problem
>> > with reestablishing the connection to a new broker.
>> > I am still investigating that part. I just am confused how you are able

CAS

>> quiesce
Service.

"Quiescing