uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA class?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:18:17 GMT
Hi Sean,

there have been occasional hands-on tutorials that I know of, one of which are linked here:

  https://uima.apache.org/gscl13.html

That's one that Peter (Ruta) and I (uimaFIT/DKPro Core) did IRL.

But I have seen slides here and there on Google from other tutorials
from conferences and also I believe also university lecture slides
that make use of UIMA, e.g.

  http://de.slideshare.net/otisg/uima
  http://www3.cs.stonybrook.edu/~pfodor/courses/CSE392/L1-UIMA.pdf

( For me, the two links above currently don't work... but I think this is rather
due to my network connection, not due to them being offline... I hope ;) )

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 29.08.2016, at 17:31, Sean Crist <Sean.Crist@humedica.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I’ve found that UIMA has such a learning curve to it that I’m wondering if anyone
ever offers classes in it (real-life, not YouTube).  If the instructor really knew what they
were doing, I’d pay to travel somewhere for a week to get some intensive training in it.

> Failing that, I’m wondering whether there are any learning resources other than just
sitting down with the manual and trying stuff (which is what I’ve been doing).  That’s
how I normally learn new systems, but this is a particularly tough one to learn without any
sort of mentoring.