uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CPE memory usage
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:30:50 GMT
I am not aware of any resource leaks in uimaFIT or UIMA-J either.
Maybe Solr doesn't handle resources in the way you expect? E.g.
queries or documents may have to be closed/returned when they
are no longer needed. You could to generate a heap dump using
JVisualVM to figure our what kind of objects are accumulating.

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 08.08.2016, at 09:22, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
>
> Hello Richard!
>
> No, I can't change the reader. It's reading from Solr. The response documents are put
in a queue. The querying logic is done in hasNext(). hasNext() returns true if the queue is
not empty. If the queue is empty, hasNext() sends a request to Solr and puts the response
documents in the empty queue. If there are no more response documents from Solr, the queue
remains empty and the reader is done. getNext() pulls a document from the queue and sets the
CAS's document text. The number of documents returned from Solr can be given as a parameter.
Currently it's set to 1, that is one document per request. The only fields of the reader class
are the parameters and the document queue. All other variables are local to their methods.
It's pretty simple. There shouldn't be any resource leaks.

> Best,
> Armin
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

eating up all memory until it gets killed by the system. This happens even when I'm just runnging
a collection reader and no other compoments (no analysis at all). Does anyone has experiented
a similar behavior or has any ideas?