uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic question about UIMA as service deployment
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:08:19 GMT
Hello Yamen, you can deploy uima-as service on a node which does not have a
broker. One of the benefits of JMS is location transparency. The broker can
run on any node in a cluster and mediates messages between client(s) and
service(s). A service connects to a broker and registers its queue. Client
which needs the service creates a connection to the same broker and sends
messages to the service queue.

The uima-as client deploy function does not exec a service process. It
actually deploys a service in the same jvm. To externalize the service use
$UIMA_HOME/bin/deployAsyncService.sh script and provide your deployment
descriptor with appropriate values for endpoint name and brokerURL. The
following is a relevant xml snippet from a deployment descriptor:

<inputQueue endpoint="<Queue Name>"  brokerURL="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>"/>

Jerry