uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Type in an FSList starting from the TypeSystem
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:55:35 GMT
Sounds like it may be a bug. The TypeSystemUtil.feature2FeatureDescription() method seems to
set elementType only for array-type features and only if the elementType is not TOP.

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 11.07.2016, at 12:50, Andrea Turbati <turbati@info.uniroma2.it> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> is there a way to access the type of a FSList from the TypeSystem?
> I've tried with the following code:
>
> FeatureDescription featureDescription = TypeSystemUtil.feature2FeatureDescription(feature);
> String typeStringOfList = featureDescription.getElementType();
>
> but I always get a null in the variable typeStringOfList, even if the description of
such method is:

> "For a feature with a range type that is an array or list, gets the expected type of
the elements of that array or list. This is optional; if ommitted the array or list can contain
any type. There is currently no guarantee that the framework will enforce this type restriction.
This property should not be set for features whose range type is not an array or list."