uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Turbati <turb...@info.uniroma2.it>
Subject Re: Type in an FSList starting from the TypeSystem
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:21:08 GMT
Yes, I've looked the source code and it seems to me that it should works
only for Arrays . Is there no other way to see the the Type contained in
a FSList ?

Thanks,

Andrea

Il 11/07/2016 13:55, Richard Eckart de Castilho ha scritto:
> Sounds like it may be a bug. The TypeSystemUtil.feature2FeatureDescription() method seems
to set elementType only for array-type features and only if the elementType is not TOP.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 11.07.2016, at 12:50, Andrea Turbati <turbati@info.uniroma2.it> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> is there a way to access the type of a FSList from the TypeSystem?
>> I've tried with the following code:
>>
>> FeatureDescription featureDescription = TypeSystemUtil.feature2FeatureDescription(feature);
>> String typeStringOfList = featureDescription.getElementType();
>>
>> but I always get a null in the variable typeStringOfList, even if the description
of such method is:

>> "For a feature with a range type that is an array or list, gets the expected type
of the elements of that array or list. This is optional; if ommitted the array or list can
contain any type. There is currently no guarantee that the framework will enforce this type
restriction. This property should not be set for features whose range type is not an array
or list."

>> Thanks in advance for your feedback,
>>
>> Andrea

Dott. Andrea Turbati, PhD
AI Research Group,
Dept. of Enterprise Engineering
University of Roma, Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)
tel: +39 06 7259 7334
lab: +39 06 7259 7332
e_mail: turbati@info.uniroma2.it
home page: http://art.uniroma2.it/turbati/