uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: missing Ruta annotations from uimaFit
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 18:56:40 GMT
On 07.07.2016, at 18:58, Bonnie MacKellar <bkmackellar@gmail.com> wrote:

> In any case, I almost have all the results I need. I have one more task - I
> need to figure out how to obtain text that was annotated with one
> particular annotation and NO OTHER. I am thinking that selectCovered might
> do what I need, but I can't find many examples of how to use it.

Something like this should work

boolean isLonelyAnnotation(AnnotationFS aAnno) {
  return JCasUtil.selectCovered(AnnotationFS.class, aAnno).isEmpty();
}

If you look for selectCovered in action, check out e.g.

  https://github.com/apache/uima-uimafit/search?utf8=✓&q=selectCovered
  https://github.com/dkpro/dkpro-core/search?utf8=✓&q=selectCovered

(Note that the uimaFIT repo on GitHub is NOT our main repo and we do
presently not accept pull requests coming through it).

Cheers,

-- Richard