uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Non-linear pipelines
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:57:36 GMT
You could maybe use capabilities to expose which type of information your respective components
support:

https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.aes.capabilities

To realize a custom pipeline topology, you would implement a custom flow controller

https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.flow_controller

As inspiration, the CapabilityLanguageFlowController may be useful:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-core/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/flow/impl/CapabilityLanguageFlowController.java

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 22.06.2016, at 15:29, Augusto Ribeiro Silva <ars@unsilo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I couldn’t find any example on the documentation about the definition of non-linear
pipelines (not sure this is the right name to call it).
> What I want to do is something like this:
>
> Pipeline: A -> (B or C) -> D
>
> So the step A supports two file formats, then depending on the file format a normalisation
step B or C should be performed. Then D should be performed for the result of B and C. How
would I go about defining such pipeline or if it is even possible to do it.