uima-user mailing list archives

From Augusto Ribeiro Silva <...@unsilo.com>
Subject Re: Non-linear pipelines
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:02:42 GMT
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the help. Is there any place where I can see how to define capabilities in a non-XML
way, i.e., using the Java API.

Best regards,
Augusto

> On 22 Jun 2016, at 15:57, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> You could maybe use capabilities to expose which type of information your respective
components support:

> https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.aes.capabilities
>
> To realize a custom pipeline topology, you would implement a custom flow controller
>
> https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.flow_controller
>
> As inspiration, the CapabilityLanguageFlowController may be useful:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-core/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/flow/impl/CapabilityLanguageFlowController.java
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 22.06.2016, at 15:29, Augusto Ribeiro Silva <ars@unsilo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I couldn’t find any example on the documentation about the definition of non-linear
pipelines (not sure this is the right name to call it).
>> What I want to do is something like this:
>>
>> Pipeline: A -> (B or C) -> D
>>
>> So the step A supports two file formats, then depending on the file format a normalisation
step B or C should be performed. Then D should be performed for the result of B and C. How
would I go about defining such pipeline or if it is even possible to do it.