uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamically set configuration parameters in delegates.
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 18:16:57 GMT
On 01.04.2016, at 18:12, Franck <franck_valentin@yahoo.fr.INVALID> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
> thanks for your answer. I thought about it but didn't want to reconfigure the descriptors
each time before running the pipeline. The parameters I want to set only concern my own AEs,
so I guess the solution would then be to create a new annotation with all the parameters I
need, change my AEs so that they read the values, and set this annotation before calling process().
> Cheers from Darmstadt :)Franck

UIMA supports defining overrides in aggregates [1] such that parameter of a component within
an aggregate can be exposed as an aggregate parameter. uimaFIT has no explicit support for
this, but the descriptors that uimaFIT creates are regular UIMA descriptors and you should
be able to locate the proper methods to define overrides on an aggregate descriptor returned
by uimaFIT.

What I do not know is whether these overrides remain in effect after the aggregate has been
instantiated - i.e. whether you can call reconfigure() on the aggregate such that it would
transitively reconfigure the delegate engines in the aggregate.

... but you could try it :) (or somebody more in the know may tell us)

Best,

-- Richard

[1] https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.aes.aggregate.configuration_parameter_overrides