uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Change an <externalResource> <fileResourceSpecifier> <fileUrl> at run-time
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 21:25:44 GMT
Hi,

you might find this interesting (although I haven't used that in a long time):

https://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-current/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.component_descriptor.aes.environment_variable_references

Also, after you a have parser the specifier in the last line of your code,
you can traverse it, locate the element you wish to change and simply change
it at runtime. In that case it doesn't matter what the XML file contains.

The Java object structure is very similar to the XML structure. It may be a
bit verbose to actually get to the point where you want to go and *maybe*
you'll have to cast some interfaces to their implementations to get access
to setters, but in general it should work.

Cheers,

-- Richard