uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Problem matching adjacent annotations using Ruta
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 14:17:24 GMT
hmm, sounds like a bug. Can you add SPACE to the retained types:

RETAINTYPE(WS, SPACE, BREAK);
This should not change anything, but...

Why did A PERIOD SPACE not match?

Do have a have a reproducible example?

I promise that I will do something about the visiblity in the next releses.

Best,

Peter

Am 14.03.2016 um 14:33 schrieb Mario Juric:
> Hi,
>
> We try to do a simple match on two adjacent annotations but for some reason it dosen’t
always work. The rule looks like this:

> A B { -> CREATE(C, 2, "prop"="val")};
>
> This work for many documents but not for all. Looking at a failed example document we
can see that B starts exactly where A stops i.e. a.end == b.begin. Yet, the rule is never
fired. Its a view with text content, A and B are our own custom annotation types, there are
no invisible characters or markup in these particular cases and we set RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK).

> B annotates a period followed by a singe space in these cases whereas A covers the preceding
sentence up to where B begins so I also tried to match on periods and spaces like this: