uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Juric ...@unsilo.com>
Subject Problem matching adjacent annotations using Ruta
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 13:33:12 GMT
Hi,

We try to do a simple match on two adjacent annotations but for some reason it dosen’t always
work. The rule looks like this:

A B { -> CREATE(C, 2, "prop"="val")};

This work for many documents but not for all. Looking at a failed example document we can
see that B starts exactly where A stops i.e. a.end == b.begin. Yet, the rule is never fired.
Its a view with text content, A and B are our own custom annotation types, there are no invisible
characters or markup in these particular cases and we set RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK).

B annotates a period followed by a singe space in these cases whereas A covers the preceding
sentence up to where B begins so I also tried to match on periods and spaces like this:

A PERIOD SPACE { -> CREATE(C, 2, 3, "prop"="val")};

This didn’t change the outcome.

I appreciate any suggestions to help me find the cause.

Cheers,
Mario