uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Change an <externalResource> <fileResourceSpecifier> <fileUrl> at run-time
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:50:33 GMT
It should be possible to use uimaFIT even with "plain" UIMA components like ConceptMapper,
but you'd have to use different calls.

Some time back I had set up an example in the UIMA wiki on that:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/uimaFIT+and+Groovy

While the example is written in Groovy, it should be trivial to transfer it over to Java.

The most important thing is calling ExternalResourceFactory.createDependencyAndBind(...) instead
of the calls that you would see in most other uimaFIT examples.

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 22.03.2016, at 15:44, D. Heinze <dheinze@gnoetics.com> wrote:
>
> Richard, Burn... thanks for the replies.  I'll try the -D option which appears to be
just what I wanted.
> Prior to the replies, I had done what Richard also suggested and intercepted the file
input stream, modified the XML descriptor and then sent it on parseResourceSpecifier.