uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ExternalResourceFactoryTest hangs when building uimafit-core 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT from github master
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 06:17:50 GMT
Hi,

> On 21.03.2016, at 23:38, José Tomás Atria <jtatria@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> First, building uimafit-core hangs on running ExternalFactoryTest on every
> line involving UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine( desc ). If I comment
> out those lines (basically bypassing the tests), the build completes with
> no issue.
>
> Is this some quirk of my local build environment? Is there anything I
> should be doing in order to get uimafit-core to build corectly?

Probably it hangs at a DNS lookup as it tries to resolve "http://dum.my".
Check your DNS and network configurations. You could also use "jstack"
on the command line to find out exactly where it is hanging,

> Second, I remember there being a public snapshots repository, maybe
> co-hosted with dkpro's snapshot repos. Am I correct on this? If so, where
> can I find this repo? I'm getting a little nervious having to rebuild
> uimafit from source myself if I have to start disabling tests to get it to
> build.

Since uimaFIT moved to Apache, builds are running here. Google for
"apache snapshot repository" to find the ASF snapshot repo.

That said, a release candidate for uimaFIT 2.2.0 is finally up for
voting over on the dev mailing list ;)

Best,

-- Richard