uima-user mailing list archives

From Nils Reiter <li...@nilsreiter.de>
Subject Running an AnalysisEngine on part of a document
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:02:25 GMT
Hi,

is there a way to run an analysis engine on only a part of the CAS?

I have UIMA annotations over all the substrings that I want to process. The only way I could
think of is creating new views or CASs for each string, but that would result in > 100
views. Is there a more straightforward way?

Background:
Only part of the CAS contains natural language, other parts are lists, names and headers.
I would like to POS-tag the text, but not the rest.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions,
Nils