uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCasGen: Import typesystem from Maven dependency jar
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 23:37:18 GMT

> On 05.02.2016, at 00:27, José Tomás Atria <jtatria@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the tip Richard! I can't believe I did not see that paragraph in
> the reference guide, I read it immediately before sending my email...
>
> By the way, should that NullPointerException be looked into? I would love
> to give more information, but I have no idea about how to deploy maven
> plugins locally, so I wouldn't know how to produce a more useful bug
> report... Would be happy to help if given a few pointers and if it's useful.

A stack trace would be helpful. You can report this in the issue tracker at

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/

Use "Create", Choose "UIMA" as the product and "Core Java Framework" as component,
enter description how to reproduce and stack trace.

I don't think it is a huge problem that should be investigated immediately, but
it is a good thing to at least collect and document known problems.

Not sure what you mean by "how to deploy maven plugins locally". By "plugin"
you mean a pre-built JAR, a locally checked out and built Maven project,
or an actual Maven plugin? Btw. what IDE are you using?

Cheers,

-- Richard