uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running an AnalysisEngine on part of a document
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:18:50 GMT
Ok, sorry, the answer below would assume you are using DKPro Core components ;)

Sorry Nils, I didn't notice you were posting to the Apache UIMA list.

So for UIMA in general, I am not aware of a solution other that what you describe. So it would
depend on the components / component collection that you are using.

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 16.02.2016, at 12:17, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The easiest would be to remove the token/sentence annotations of those parts of the text
that you do not care about.
> Or alternatively - if you have annotations that specifically mark the text sections,
then configure the segmenter component to create sentences/tokens only within the boundaries
of these annotations using PARAM_ZONE_TYPES and PARAM_STRICT_ZONING.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 16.02.2016, at 12:02, Nils Reiter <lists@nilsreiter.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to run an analysis engine on only a part of the CAS?
>>
>> I have UIMA annotations over all the substrings that I want to process. The only
way I could think of is creating new views or CASs for each string, but that would result
in > 100 views. Is there a more straightforward way?

>> Background:
>> Only part of the CAS contains natural language, other parts are lists, names and
headers. I would like to POS-tag the text, but not the rest.