uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running an AnalysisEngine on part of a document
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:41:07 GMT
Yes, most of the DKPro Core components rely on token/sentence annotations.

You can find a list of the types and which components create/consume them
here https://dkpro.github.io/dkpro-core/documentation/ under the section
"DKPro Core 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT" -> "Typesystem reference".

Best,

-- Richard

> On 16.02.2016, at 13:13, Nils Reiter <lists@nilsreiter.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> thanks for your reply and don’t worry, I am planning on using DKpro components :)
>
> So if I get you correctly, all DKpro components rely on token/sentence annotations and
ignore the rest, right?

> Best regards,
> Nils
>
>> On 16 Feb 2016, at 12:18, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, sorry, the answer below would assume you are using DKPro Core components ;)
>>
>> Sorry Nils, I didn't notice you were posting to the Apache UIMA list.
>>
>> So for UIMA in general, I am not aware of a solution other that what you describe.
So it would depend on the components / component collection that you are using.

>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Richard
>>
>>> On 16.02.2016, at 12:17, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The easiest would be to remove the token/sentence annotations of those parts
of the text that you do not care about.
>>> Or alternatively - if you have annotations that specifically mark the text sections,
then configure the segmenter component to create sentences/tokens only within the boundaries
of these annotations using PARAM_ZONE_TYPES and PARAM_STRICT_ZONING.

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> -- Richard

only way I could think of is creating new views or CASs for each string, but that would result
in > 100 views. Is there a more straightforward way?

and headers. I would like to POS-tag the text, but not the rest.