uima-user mailing list archives

From Baker James D <JDBA...@mail.dstl.gov.uk>
Subject RE: [UK OFFICIAL] examples of using maven with uima, uimaFit, ruta, etc?
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:56:38 GMT
Classification: UK OFFICIAL

Hi Bonnie,

Have you had a look at the source code for Baleen? We use Maven as our build system, and rely
heavily on UIMA and UimaFIT, so it might give you some clues on how to get it working: https://github.com/dstl/baleen

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Bonnie MacKellar [mailto:bkmackellar@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 January 2016 19:34
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: examples of using maven with uima, uimaFit, ruta, etc?

Hi,

I had posted earlier asking about best practices for building a project that uses uimaFit,
Ruta, and the Metamap annotator. My current project, while it works, is inordinately complex
and I can't seem to figure out the right way to structure it. I did get the advice to use
Maven. I don't normally use Maven, but I would if it gave some way to simplify this mess.
However, I can't find any mention of using Maven in the Uima tutorial, so I am at a loss as
to how to start. Are there instructions on the web that I am just not finding? An example
project?

thanks,
Bonnie MacKellar

"This e-mail and any attachment(s) is intended for the recipient only.   Its unauthorised
use,
disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  Communications with Dstl are monitored and/or

recorded for system efficiency and other lawful purposes, including business intelligence,
business
metrics and training.  Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
Dstl policy."

"If you are not the intended recipient, please remove it from your system and notify the author
of
the email and centralenq@dstl.gov.uk"