uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uimaFIT auto-detection of types
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:37:17 GMT
Hi Matt,

I would recommend you set your project up as a Maven project. Eclipse
has a great Maven support. You later mention that you want to use the
Maven Shade plugin anyway.

If you do not want to set up your project with Maven, please make sure
that the META-INF and desc folders are contained inside a source folder.
If you just have them in the project root, they won't end up in the
classpath at runtime.

if you do switch to Maven, make sure that "META-INF" and "desc" are situated
under "src/main/resources", otherwise Maven will not put them into the JAR.

That said, I'm a bit puzzled why this line would work at all:

>> TypeSystemDescriptionFactory.createTypeSystemDescription("desc/types/DJTypes");

The line above should only work if "desc/types/DJTypes.xml" can be found in the
classpath.

With Apache uimaFIT 2.1.0, "META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit/types.txt" is the right
place to configure auto detection [1].

>>> classpath*:desc/types/*.xml

That sounds ok too. I would generally recommend to avoid wildcards here though.

Finally, you could try increasing the log level of whatever logging framework you are
using (by default that would be Java Utility Logging) to see debug output
of the type detection.

For JUL, this post [1] on StackOverflow might help (mind for JUL you need to set the
level to FINEST). I use log4j most of the time and there is a post here [2] indicating
how to set the log level.

Cheers,

-- Richard

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/25677104/2511197