uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthew DeAngelis <roni...@gmail.com>
Subject uimaFIT auto-detection of types
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:16:39 GMT
Hi all,

I am struggling with type auto-detection in Eclipse. Following the
documentation (and this document:
https://code.google.com/p/uimafit/wiki/TypeDescriptorDetection), I have
placed my type system descriptors in desc/types/*.xml (also just
desc/*.xml) and created types.txt in META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit with the
line classpath*:desc/types/*.xml (I have tried placing the types.txt file
in the folder META-INF/org.uimafit as well, following Richard's document
above, with the same results). However, I am still getting missing type
complaints at runtime.

For instance, the following code runs a reader and a single analysis
engine, DJNMultiplier, that relies on the typesystem specified in
desc/types/DJTypes.xml.

CollectionReaderDescription cr = createReaderDescription(...);
TypeSystemDescription tsd =
 TypeSystemDescriptionFactory.createTypeSystemDescription();
AnalysisEngineDescription djread =
AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription(DJNMultiplier.class,tsd);
SimplePipeline.runPipeline(cr,djread);

This results in: "org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: JCas type
"document.DJInfo" used in Java code,  but was not declared in the XML type
descriptor."

Changing the code to specify the location of the typesystem runs fine:

CollectionReaderDescription cr = createReaderDescription(...);
TypeSystemDescription tsd =
 TypeSystemDescriptionFactory.createTypeSystemDescription("desc/types/DJTypes");
AnalysisEngineDescription djread =
AnalysisEngineFactory.createEngineDescription(DJNMultiplier.class,tsd);
SimplePipeline.runPipeline(cr,djread);

The latter code would actually be fine for most of my needs, except that I
am trying to create a jar file following the instructions in the
documentation found here:
https://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-current/tools.uimafit.book.html#ugr.tools.uimafit.packaging.
These instructions seem predicated on typesystem auto-detection. When I use
Maven Shade to build a jar from the latter code, it complains that: "No
file with the name "desc/types/DJTypes.xml" was found in the class path or
data path". I suppose that a solution to my problem could include a way to
package up the typesystem descriptors so that they can be seen within the
jar file; I'm not especially picky about getting this thing running.

Any help would be appreciated. I am probably missing something basic, but
I'll be darned if I can see it.

Regards,
Matt