uima-user mailing list archives

From Baker James D <JDBA...@mail.dstl.gov.uk>
Subject RE: [UK OFFICIAL] Baleen 2.1 Released
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:31:14 GMT
Classification: UK OFFICIAL

Hi,

All the information that we've published on Baleen is either in the README on GitHub, on the
GitHub wiki pages, or built in to Baleen itself. If you download a release version from GitHub
and run it with no configuration, you'll be able to access all the built in documentation,
which includes Getting Started information, development and usage guides, and full Javadoc.

If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them, but otherwise I hope the
above helps.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: buddha [mailto:buddha_314@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: 15 December 2015 14:20
To: user@uima.apache.org
Subject: Re: [UK OFFICIAL] Baleen 2.1 Released

Hello Mr. Baker,

Do you have any more supporting information on Baleen?  Perhaps a website? I don’t see it
referenced on Github?

Thanks,

~~~~~
May All Your Sequences Converge

> On Dec 15, 2015, at 3:40 AM, Baker James D <JDBAKER@mail.dstl.gov.uk> wrote:
>
> Classification: UK OFFICIAL
> Morning all,
>
> A new version of Baleen, the UIMA based entity extraction and text analytics framework
developed by Dstl (part of the UK Ministry of Defence) has been released. This version includes
the following improvements:

> *         New Annotator: MongoStemming uses a gazetteer and stemming to perform a pseudo-fuzzy
match and find gazetter terms in different tenses and plurals

> *         New Cleaner: MergeAdjacent will merge adjacent entities of the same type
>
> *         New Content Extractor: CsvContentExtractor splits CSV fields into content and
metadata

> *         New Collection Reader: LineReader will read a single file into multiple documents
by line

> *         New REST API to get configuration parameters for components (e.g. annotators)
>
> *         Significant changes to the way gazetteer annotators work, including changing
from RadixTrees to MultiMaps and implementing the Aho-Corasick algorithm, resulting in performance
improvements for large gazetteers in the order of 100s

> *         Lots of bug fixes and minor improvements
>
> The latest release is available on GitHub:
> http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7240&d=6aPw1vduVnYiI0jDO1eRCRkk73OHFi
> BwcrGjmznt3g&u=https%3a%2f%2fgithub%2ecom%2fdstl%2fbaleen
>
> Any feedback, suggestions, comments, issues and code contributions are welcome! We're
keen for people to help us improve it so that it's a useful tool for a wide range of people.

> James
>
> "This e-mail and any attachment(s) is intended for the recipient only.   Its unauthorised
use,
> disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  Communications with
> Dstl are monitored and/or recorded for system efficiency and other
> lawful purposes, including business intelligence, business metrics and training.  Any
views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect Dstl policy."