uima-user mailing list archives

From Sean Crist <Sean.Cr...@humedica.com>
Subject Annotator class name is required for a primitive Analysis Engine
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:36:07 GMT

Hello,

I’m working through the UIMA tutorial at http://uima.apache.org/doc-uima-annotator.html
.  Before writing to this list, I searched Google at length.  I also made a new project and
did the whole tutorial again, in case I missed something.

To test the annotator, I ran CVD as instructed.  Within CVD, I chose Run -> Load AE, and
chose RoomNumberAnnotatorDescriptor.xml.  At that point, I get this alert:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator class name is required
for a primitive Analysis Engine.  (Descriptor: file: /Users/scrist/Documents/workspace/RoomNumberAnnotator/desc/RoomNumberAnnotatorDescriptor.xml)

This would seem to suggest that my annotator class isn’t in the class path.  I did follow
the earlier instruction to add the RoomNumberAnnotator project to the classpath.

There are very few matches in Google for this particular error, so I’m guessing that something
quirky and unusual has gone wrong here.  I’m using Eclipse for Mac,  Mars.1, Release 4.5.1.

Thanks,
--Sean Crist