uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug in ExternalResourceFactory ???
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:52:51 GMT
Hi,

this inconsistency is due to the way UIMA is presently implemented.

See my reply to the last inquiry on this particular topic:

http://markmail.org/message/rdyohba7g43zrvui

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 23.11.2015, at 13:41, Matthias Koch <matthias.koch@averbis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> We want to create an ExternalResourceDescription via
>
> public static ExternalResourceDescription createExternalResourceDescription(Class<?
extends Resource> aInterface, Object... aParams)

> This resource has a couple of ConfigurationParameters and some of them are booleans.
>
> If the object[] aParams contains those booleans an exception is thrown in line 177 (
param.setValue((String) aParams[i * 2 + 1]);) because the cast to String is not possible.

> If we put them as Strings into the object array it seems to work.
>
> This seems like an inconsistency, because we have to put boolean into the factory for
an AnalysisEngineDescription but Strings for an ExternalResourceDescription.