uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Koch <matthias.k...@averbis.com>
Subject Bug in ExternalResourceFactory ???
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:41:48 GMT
Hi

We want to create an ExternalResourceDescription via

public static ExternalResourceDescription
createExternalResourceDescription(Class<? extends Resource> aInterface,
Object... aParams)

This resource has a couple of ConfigurationParameters and some of them
are booleans.

If the object[] aParams contains those booleans an exception is thrown
in line 177 ( param.setValue((String) aParams[i * 2 + 1]);) because the
cast to String is not possible.

If we put them as Strings into the object array it seems to work.

This seems like an inconsistency, because we have to put boolean into
the factory for an AnalysisEngineDescription but Strings for an
ExternalResourceDescription.

Is this a bug or the expected behavior?

Best regards,
Matthias