uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: How to use string functions from ruta-core-ext in Ruta
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 08:26:34 GMT
Hi,

I must admit that I did not realize that this is an example from the
documentation. This is either a good sign that there are many examples
or a bad one that I do not even know what is documented... I am afraid
that this is not the last error in the documentation, but we work on
improving it steadily.

Thanks for poiting it out! I fixed it :-)

Best,

Peter

Am 18.11.2015 um 08:51 schrieb Wolf-Dietrich Materna:
> Hi Peter,
> thank you very much for your quick reply. Indeed, the example does work with the fixed
offset.
> Although it's a minor issue, you might consider fixing the example in the Ruta documentation.
>
> It was confusing, that even the simple example from the documentation didn't work,
> while examine a problem in our application using the string function from the ruta extension
jar.
> Thank you again.
>
> Best regard,
> 	Wolf-Dietrich Materna

Thus,  the substring from 0 to 8 returns "Alexande".
> The example should work with : CW{-> MATCHEDTEXT(s), ADD(sl, substring(s,0,9))};
>
> Best,
>
> Peter
>
> Am 17.11.2015 um 09:05 schrieb Wolf-Dietrich Materna:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to use the Ruta string functions referenced in the user guide
>> here:
>> https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-2.3.0/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ru
>> ta.language.extensions.core-ext.stringfunctions
>>
>> The problem is, they don't work out of the box in the Ruta Workbench 2.3.1 with Eclipse
4.4.2. I've set up a new Ruta project with a script containing the (slightly modified) code
from the substring example:

>> DECLARE Test; // I've added this line to make the example work.
>> STRING s;
>> STRINGLIST sl;
>> CW{-> MATCHEDTEXT(s), ADD(sl, substring(s,0,8))};
>> CW{INLIST(sl) -> Test}; // Changed SW to CW to make the rule work.
>>
>> The input file only contains two words, "Alexanderplatz" and "Alexander". What I
expected was that the first rule finds "Alexanderplatz" and stores the  first nine letters
of it in the string list sl so that the last line can annotate "Alexander" with "Test". In
reality, however, nothing happens. I get no error message, but after execution, there is no
"Test" annotation.