uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: How to use string functions from ruta-core-ext in Ruta
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:23:38 GMT
Hi,

it should work just fine (tested with current trunk).

The substring function like the other string functions just delegate to
the java methods. Thus,  the substring from 0 to 8 returns "Alexande".
The example should work with : CW{-> MATCHEDTEXT(s), ADD(sl,
substring(s,0,9))};

Best,

Peter

Am 17.11.2015 um 09:05 schrieb Wolf-Dietrich Materna:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use the Ruta string functions referenced in the user guide here: https://uima.apache.org/d/ruta-2.3.0/tools.ruta.book.html#ugr.tools.ruta.language.extensions.core-ext.stringfunctions
>
> The problem is, they don't work out of the box in the Ruta Workbench 2.3.1 with Eclipse
4.4.2. I've set up a new Ruta project with a script containing the (slightly modified) code
from the substring example:

> DECLARE Test; // I've added this line to make the example work.
> STRING s;
> STRINGLIST sl;
> CW{-> MATCHEDTEXT(s), ADD(sl, substring(s,0,8))};
> CW{INLIST(sl) -> Test}; // Changed SW to CW to make the rule work.
>
> The input file only contains two words, "Alexanderplatz" and "Alexander". What I expected
was that the first rule finds "Alexanderplatz" and stores the  first nine letters of it in
the string list sl so that the last line can annotate "Alexander" with "Test". In reality,
however, nothing happens. I get no error message, but after execution, there is no "Test"
annotation.