uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Gazzo <mario.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for UIMA arrays in Ruta
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 14:13:20 GMT
Thanks Peter,

It works when I assign the FSArray the way you describe. However, I sometimes want to reference
annotations across different document scopes. Therefore I try to capture some annotations
in dedicated list variables so that I can reference them later in a CREATE action within some
other document scope, but this is currently not possible as you state. I guess I would then
have to implement my own action to do this.

Cheers
Mario

> On 11 Oct 2015, at 11:08 , Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> no, that's not possible. The CREATE accepts only type expressions, the GATHER integers
and additionally integer lists (but these are referring to rule elements). A type list can
only store type (expressions) and not the annotations themselves.

> You must know that these actions were added due to some requirements in specific use
cases/projects. Then, we tried to make them more generic and useful in also other use cases.
There are plans to replace the extensive usage of type expression with a new construct referring
annotations more generally...

> Now to your problem :-)
>
> The CREATE action (and similar actions) checks the type of the feature and collects all
annotations of the type specified by the type expression. In case of the CREATE action: if
the feature expects a single annotation, then the first annotation within the matched context
is assigned. If the feature allows multple annotations (FSArray), then all annotations of
the specified type within the matched context are assigned.

> This means you need only to use the type of the FSArray in the CREATE action. The actual
selection of the annotations is controlled of their types, e.g., you maybe need to create
new annotations of derived types.

> Here a simple example (not tested):
> DECLARE Container (FSArray tokens);
> Sentence{-> CREATE(Container, "tokens" = Token)};
>
> Here, an annotation of type Container is created for each Sentence and all Token annotations
within this sentence are assigned to the feature "tokens", which is an FSArray.

> I hope that helps :-)
>
> Best,
>
> Peter
>
> Am 10.10.2015 um 23:00 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
>> Can I assign a typelist to a FSArray feature in a CREATE action?
>>
>> I tried to read some annotations into a typelist variable using  GETLIST and then
assign it to a FSArray feature in a  CREATE statement but it doesn’t seem to work. How does
one do this otherwise?

>> Cheers,
>> Mario
>>
>>> On 06 Oct 2015, at 20:28 , Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The most important actions are CREATE and GATHER. There are also some others
like FILL or SETFEATURE.

>>> The ASSIGN action works only for variables.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Peter

me to the special actions you are mentioning? Is it the Assign action?

actions is  supported right now.