uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: RUTA variable assignment problem
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:12:44 GMT
Hi,

sorry for the delayed response. I received your mail just yesterday.
Maybe your mail needed to be moderated. Did you subscribe to the user list?

Here's a first short answer. I will try to look into it in more details
if this does not help:

The CREATE action searches for annotations (that should be assigned to a
feature) within the scope of the match of the rule element.

Is there an annotation of the type MatchedRegexAnnotation within the
offsets of the annotation of the type SomeOtherMatch? ... e.g., is
SomeOtherMatch overlapping UniqueMatch?

Maybe CREATE is not the correct action for you. Unfortunately, for
filling feature for distant annotations there is currently only the
GATHER action. This will hopefully change with ruta 2.4.0.

I will try to find the time to take a look at your second mail later
this day (or tomorrow).

Best,

Peter

Am 09.10.2015 um 15:41 schrieb Mario Juric:
> Hi,
>
> I have a annotation type variable that I am assigning a value in a statement block and
then use that value in match rule to set the attribute in a new annotation like this:

> Type myvar;
>
> BLOCK(ForEach) UniqueMatch{} { // Capturing unique scope with this
>     “Some (\\w+) Regex" -> 1 = MatchedRegexAnnotation;
>     MatchedRegexAnnotation { -> ASSIGN(myvar, MatchedRegexAnnotation)};
> }
>
> SomeOtherMatch{} {
> 	-> CREATE(Markup, “myprop” = myvar)
> };
>
> The “myprop” attribute never gets a value even though the MatchedRegexAnnotation
is created. A completely analog implementation appears to work flawlessly in another context
but not in the current.

> I am in the dark about this and my Ruta skills are sill infant so any idea to what could
be the problem is much appreciated.