uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Support for UIMA arrays in Ruta
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:40:18 GMT
Hi,

Am 11.10.2015 um 16:54 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
> I just mean a separated match context. I am not sure GATHER fits what I am trying to
achieve but I can see what you mean. I am not sure how I would go about doing the match in
my case but I am still learning how to get the most out of the existing RUTA features so I
would have to think a little bit more about it.

I use to say that if you have to think too long how to solve something
with ruta rules, then ruta misses some language elements which should be
added ASAP (or a rule-based approach is simply not suitable here).

If you have questions how to solve something with ruta, just ask :-)
This helps also me to learn about use cases and how to improve the language.

> We can of course share any custom actions or similar components if they make sense for
others to use as well. Much of what we implement is to some degree coupled to how we choose
to do things but I can send you any custom actions if we create them.

yes, maybe they are too custom, but maybe with some small modifications
they are also useful for other users. There are some actions/conditions
is ruta that are very special and I would bet that hardly anyone besides
myself have ever used them. Their existence did not hurt yet I hope...

Best,

Peter

> Cheers
> Mario
>
>> On 11 Oct 2015, at 16:30 , Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what do you mean by document scope? A different sofa/CAS or just a separated match
context?

>> An additional action is always an option. In the second case, the GATHER action could
maybe help. It was added to assign only specific annotations to the features. However, you
would still need to match on them.

>> btw, contributions of new actions/conditions and functions are always wlecome :-)
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 11.10.2015 um 16:13 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
>>> Thanks Peter,
>>>
>>> It works when I assign the FSArray the way you describe. However, I sometimes
want to reference annotations across different document scopes. Therefore I try to capture
some annotations in dedicated list variables so that I can reference them later in a CREATE
action within some other document scope, but this is currently not possible as you state.
I guess I would then have to implement my own action to do this.

>>> Cheers
>>> Mario

integers and additionally integer lists (but these are referring to rule elements). A type
list can only store type (expressions) and not the annotations themselves.

use cases/projects. Then, we tried to make them more generic and useful in also other use
cases. There are plans to replace the extensive usage of type expression with a new construct
referring annotations more generally...

collects all annotations of the type specified by the type expression. In case of the CREATE
action: if the feature expects a single annotation, then the first annotation within the matched
context is assigned. If the feature allows multple annotations (FSArray), then all annotations
of the specified type within the matched context are assigned.

The actual selection of the annotations is controlled of their types, e.g., you maybe need
to create new annotations of derived types.

Token annotations within this sentence are assigned to the feature "tokens", which is an FSArray.

and then assign it to a FSArray feature in a  CREATE statement but it doesn’t seem to work.
How does one do this otherwise?

some others like FILL or SETFEATURE.

you point me to the special actions you are mentioning? Is it the Assign action?

special actions is  supported right now.

but I really hope I can do it for 2.4.0.