uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Support for UIMA arrays in Ruta
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 14:30:37 GMT
Hi,

what do you mean by document scope? A different sofa/CAS or just a
separated match context?

An additional action is always an option. In the second case, the GATHER
action could maybe help. It was added to assign only specific
annotations to the features. However, you would still need to match on them.

btw, contributions of new actions/conditions and functions are always
wlecome :-)

Best,

Peter

Am 11.10.2015 um 16:13 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> It works when I assign the FSArray the way you describe. However, I sometimes want to
reference annotations across different document scopes. Therefore I try to capture some annotations
in dedicated list variables so that I can reference them later in a CREATE action within some
other document scope, but this is currently not possible as you state. I guess I would then
have to implement my own action to do this.

> Cheers
> Mario
>
>> On 11 Oct 2015, at 11:08 , Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> no, that's not possible. The CREATE accepts only type expressions, the GATHER integers
and additionally integer lists (but these are referring to rule elements). A type list can
only store type (expressions) and not the annotations themselves.

>> You must know that these actions were added due to some requirements in specific
use cases/projects. Then, we tried to make them more generic and useful in also other use
cases. There are plans to replace the extensive usage of type expression with a new construct
referring annotations more generally...

>> Now to your problem :-)
>>
>> The CREATE action (and similar actions) checks the type of the feature and collects
all annotations of the type specified by the type expression. In case of the CREATE action:
if the feature expects a single annotation, then the first annotation within the matched context
is assigned. If the feature allows multple annotations (FSArray), then all annotations of
the specified type within the matched context are assigned.

>> This means you need only to use the type of the FSArray in the CREATE action. The
actual selection of the annotations is controlled of their types, e.g., you maybe need to
create new annotations of derived types.

>> Here a simple example (not tested):
>> DECLARE Container (FSArray tokens);
>> Sentence{-> CREATE(Container, "tokens" = Token)};
>>
>> Here, an annotation of type Container is created for each Sentence and all Token
annotations within this sentence are assigned to the feature "tokens", which is an FSArray.

>> I hope that helps :-)
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 10.10.2015 um 23:00 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
>>> Can I assign a typelist to a FSArray feature in a CREATE action?
>>>
>>> I tried to read some annotations into a typelist variable using  GETLIST and
then assign it to a FSArray feature in a  CREATE statement but it doesn’t seem to work.
How does one do this otherwise?

>>> Cheers,
>>> Mario

me to the special actions you are mentioning? Is it the Assign action?

actions is  supported right now.

really hope I can do it for 2.4.0.