uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Support for UIMA arrays in Ruta
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:08:39 GMT
Hi,

no, that's not possible. The CREATE accepts only type expressions, the
GATHER integers and additionally integer lists (but these are referring
to rule elements). A type list can only store type (expressions) and not
the annotations themselves.

You must know that these actions were added due to some requirements in
specific use cases/projects. Then, we tried to make them more generic
and useful in also other use cases. There are plans to replace the
extensive usage of type expression with a new construct referring
annotations more generally...

Now to your problem :-)

The CREATE action (and similar actions) checks the type of the feature
and collects all annotations of the type specified by the type
expression. In case of the CREATE action: if the feature expects a
single annotation, then the first annotation within the matched context
is assigned. If the feature allows multple annotations (FSArray), then
all annotations of the specified type within the matched context are
assigned.

This means you need only to use the type of the FSArray in the CREATE
action. The actual selection of the annotations is controlled of their
types, e.g., you maybe need to create new annotations of derived types.

Here a simple example (not tested):
DECLARE Container (FSArray tokens);
Sentence{-> CREATE(Container, "tokens" = Token)};

Here, an annotation of type Container is created for each Sentence and
all Token annotations within this sentence are assigned to the feature
"tokens", which is an FSArray.

I hope that helps :-)

Best,

Peter

Am 10.10.2015 um 23:00 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
> Can I assign a typelist to a FSArray feature in a CREATE action?
>
> I tried to read some annotations into a typelist variable using  GETLIST and then assign
it to a FSArray feature in a  CREATE statement but it doesn’t seem to work. How does one
do this otherwise?

> Cheers,
> Mario
>
>> On 06 Oct 2015, at 20:28 , Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>>
>> The most important actions are CREATE and GATHER. There are also some others like
FILL or SETFEATURE.

>> The ASSIGN action works only for variables.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> Am 06.10.2015 um 19:47 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
>>> That’s completely understandable, Peter.
>>>
>>> FSArray assignment might just do it for me at the moment. Could you point me
to the special actions you are mentioning? Is it the Assign action?