uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta.
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 20:47:01 GMT
Hi,

without detailed investigations, I would assume that you need to convert
the ruta project into a java project. Or you need to import the type
system descriptor in a descriptor located in a java project and apply
jcagen on the second one.

Either way, I think the jcasgen button of the descriptor editor works
only in eclipse projects with a java nature that have some source
folder. Overall, that makes sense since you generate java classes that
should be located in a source folder (they need to be compiled). The
jcasgen-maven-plugin,for example, adds the source folder programmatically.

Btw, it is not problematic if the ruta project is also a java project,
but it provides many advantages, e.g., you can outsource logic to
(uimafit) analysis engines that are called from within the ruta rules. I
personally switched lately all my development of ruta rules to maven
built projects.

Best,

Peter