uima-user mailing list archives

From Ronny Hapke <ronny.ha...@empolis.com>
Subject Re: Problem with WORDLISTs and WORDTABLEs where an entry starts with a shared substring of another entry
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:24:31 GMT
Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.kluegl@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> this problem is most likely caused by the whitespaces in the worldist.
> Could you remove the whitespace in the entries in order to test if
this
> is the source of the problem?
> If this is the reason, then there are several option to resolve this
> problem. There is, for example, the configuration parameter
> "dictRemoveWS". Set it to true, and the engine will automatically
remove
> the white spaces when loading the wordlist.
>
> Am 28.09.2015 um 13:06 schrieb Ronny Hapke:
> > I've stumbled upon a problem with UIMA Ruta Workbench 2.3.1 in
Eclipse
> > Luna 4.4.2. Whenever working with a WORDLIST or WORDTABLE where one
entry
> > starts with a common substring of another one, it will not be
recognized
> > and therefore not annotated.

Hi Peter,

thank you very much, this was indeed the same problem as mine.

However, after reading the comments of UIMA-4453, the only proposed
solution apart from removing the whitespaces from the word list was to
edit the BasicEngine.xml file manually. Is there no better solution to
this day? For example, why does this:

ENGINE BasicEngine;
Document{->CONFIGURE(BasicEngine, "dictRemoveWS" = true)};

at the top of my Main.ruta file result in a NullPointerException? Why
can't I edit the BasicEngine.xml file programmatically? Am I doing it
wrong?

Anyway, thanks again, it works now and that is the most important
aspect. I just think it would be nice if the solution was more elegant
and more transparent.

Best Regards,
Ronny