uima-user mailing list archives

From José Tomás Atria <jtat...@gmail.com>
Subject How to correclty implement delta serialization in locally deployed CPE pipeline?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:57:59 GMT
Hello all,

I've been trying to wrap my head around this for a while, and I can't seem
to get it to work. Could someone please explain what is the most
straightforward way of implementing delta serialization in a local,
multithreaded CPE pipeline?

So far, I've tried using a collection reader that uses a
SharedSerializationData that is stored in the current UIMA session, and
creates a CAS marker that is also stored in a map in the current UIMA
session under a CAS identifier key, and then using this
SharedSerializationData oject and the marker retrieved from the UIMA
session from the CAS identifier to serialize the delta to disk, but this
procedure causes an OutOfMemory exception if I try to process all of my
data (Not that much in my opinion, ~2000 CASes).

I assume that I'm missing some basic aspect of the API, but after trying to
deal with it for a while I just gave up...

A more specific version, as far as I could understand: Delta serialization
requires a SharedSerializationData object and a CAS marker. What is the
correct way to create, store and retrieve these in a simple,
multi-threaded, locally deployed CPE processing pipeline? (i.e. No need to
support AS or DUCC facilities, etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
jta

--
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem