uima-user mailing list archives

From Lou DeGenaro <lou.degen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUCC - Work Item Queue Time Management
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:59:21 GMT
Reshu,

Absent some extraordinary circumstance, you should not be touching
jobclasspath.properties file.

Specify your classpath requirement using --classpath when you submit your
job or register your service.  This is where you'd add UIMA jars, for
example.

Lou.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:38 AM, reshu.agarwal <reshu.agarwal@orkash.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> as UIMA and UIMA AS jars.
>

> On 09/22/2015 01:56 AM, Burn Lewis wrote:
>
>> re your original problem of a missing UIMA class:
>>
>> It should not be necessary to modify resources/jobdriver.classpath ...
>> were
>> you using the one provided with 2.0 or do you have a locally modified one?
>> Please let us know what changes to the 2.0 one you had to make.
>>
>> You should just add the required UIMA jars to the classpath you provide
>> when you submit the job.  If you provide a deployment descriptor you'll
>> need to supply all the UIMA-AS jars, e.g.
>>
>> ${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/lib/*:${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/apache-activemq/lib/*:${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/apache-activemq/lib/optional/*
>>
>> otherwise you probably need only 1 jar, e.g.
>> *${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/lib/uima-core.jar*
>>
>> Note that in these examples I've used the UIMA jars that are included with
>> DUCC, but in general it would be better if you used your own copy of UIMA,
>> at whatever level is best for your application.
>>
>> In DUCC 1.x the DUCC jars and their dependencies were added to the user's
>> classpath, but this often caused problems when DUCC code and user code
>> used
>> different versions of a 3rd party jar, so in DUCC 2.0 we use a different
>> classloader for DUCC & user code, and add only one DUCC jar to the user's
>> classpath.
>>
>> ~Burn
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cwiklik@us.ibm.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Reshu, if you have maven and svn installed on your machine you can
>>> checkout the latest code from the svn:
>>>
>>> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/uima-ducc/trunk/ .
>>>
>>> and  build it with: mvn clean install
>>> You'll get a new ducc tarball in target dir
>>>
>>>   Jerry Cwiklik
>>> IBM Watson RTP North Carolina
>>> UIMA Extensions
>>> 4205 S MIAMI BLVD
>>> DURHAM , NC , 27703-9141
>>> United States
>>> Building: 502  |  Floor: 02  |  Office: M210
>>> Tel: 919-254-6641  TL:444-6641
>>> Email: cwiklik@us.ibm.com
>>>
>>> [image: Inactive hide details for Lou DeGenaro ---09/21/2015 08:44:06
>>> AM---Reshu, This is a bug in DUCC 2.0.0. See https://issues.apac]Lou
>>> DeGenaro ---09/21/2015 08:44:06 AM---Reshu, This is a bug in DUCC 2.0.0.
>>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA
>>>
>>> From: Lou DeGenaro <lou.degenaro@gmail.com>
>>> To: user@uima.apache.org
>>> Date: 09/21/2015 08:44 AM
>>> Subject: Re: DUCC - Work Item Queue Time Management
>>> ------------------------------
>>>

>>> Reshu,
>>>
>>> This is a bug in DUCC 2.0.0.  See
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA
>>> -4576?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA.
>>>
>>> Presently, you would need download the current DUCC source and build a
>>> new
>>> tarball to get the fix.
>>>
>>> In the mean time, I'll investigate how interim DUCC releases (tarballs)

One

JP