uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUCC - Work Item Queue Time Management
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 20:26:33 GMT
re your original problem of a missing UIMA class:

It should not be necessary to modify resources/jobdriver.classpath ... were
you using the one provided with 2.0 or do you have a locally modified one?
Please let us know what changes to the 2.0 one you had to make.

You should just add the required UIMA jars to the classpath you provide
when you submit the job.  If you provide a deployment descriptor you'll
need to supply all the UIMA-AS jars, e.g.
${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/lib/*:${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/apache-activemq/lib/*:${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/apache-activemq/lib/optional/*

otherwise you probably need only 1 jar, e.g.
*${DUCC_HOME}/apache-uima/lib/uima-core.jar*

Note that in these examples I've used the UIMA jars that are included with
DUCC, but in general it would be better if you used your own copy of UIMA,
at whatever level is best for your application.

In DUCC 1.x the DUCC jars and their dependencies were added to the user's
classpath, but this often caused problems when DUCC code and user code used
different versions of a 3rd party jar, so in DUCC 2.0 we use a different
classloader for DUCC & user code, and add only one DUCC jar to the user's
classpath.

~Burn

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cwiklik@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Reshu, if you have maven and svn installed on your machine you can
> checkout the latest code from the svn:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/uima-ducc/trunk/ .
>
> and  build it with: mvn clean install
> You'll get a new ducc tarball in target dir
>
>  Jerry Cwiklik
> IBM Watson RTP North Carolina
> UIMA Extensions
> 4205 S MIAMI BLVD
> DURHAM , NC , 27703-9141
> United States
> Building: 502  |  Floor: 02  |  Office: M210
> Tel: 919-254-6641  TL:444-6641
> Email: cwiklik@us.ibm.com
>
> [image: Inactive hide details for Lou DeGenaro ---09/21/2015 08:44:06
> AM---Reshu, This is a bug in DUCC 2.0.0. See https://issues.apac]Lou
> DeGenaro ---09/21/2015 08:44:06 AM---Reshu, This is a bug in DUCC 2.0.0.
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA
>
> From: Lou DeGenaro <lou.degenaro@gmail.com>
> To: user@uima.apache.org
> Date: 09/21/2015 08:44 AM
> Subject: Re: DUCC - Work Item Queue Time Management
> ------------------------------
>

> Reshu,
>
> This is a bug in DUCC 2.0.0.  See
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA
> -4576?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA.
>
> Presently, you would need download the current DUCC source and build a new
> tarball to get the fix.
>
> In the mean time, I'll investigate how interim DUCC releases (tarballs) are
> posted to the Apache website.
>
> Lou.
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 7:25 AM, reshu.agarwal <reshu.agarwal@orkash.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > As you said:    "In DUCC 2.0 you must explicitly supply UIMA in the
> > classpath of your submission. This was not the case in DUCC 1.x where
> UIMA
> > was added by DUCC under the covers."
> >
> > I defined the same but still facing the error. In JD initialization, I
> > defined the java class library path required in classpath parameter in
> job
> > specification. But it was showing error until I added the same in
> > resources/jobdriver.classpath. After this It was initialized and then
> > started showing error of "Missing the -Dducc.deploy.JdURL property".
> >
> > I was getting java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing the -Dducc.deploy.JdURL
> > property even in 1.job. Why this error is coming?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Reshu.
> >

> > On 09/18/2015 02:47 PM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
> >
> >> Reshu,
> >>
> >> In DUCC 2.0 you must explicitly supply UIMA in the classpath of your
> >> submission.  This was not the case in DUCC 1.x where UIMA was added by
> >> DUCC
> >> under the covers.
> >>
> >> In fact this gives you more flexibility in that you are no loner tied to
> >> using a particular version of UIMA.
> >>
> >> Lou.
> >>
> >> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:24 AM, reshu.agarwal <
> [...]
JD

> queue
> work

> What